Looking for a great destination for the next holiday? One of the great places to travel to is Chiang Mai, Thailand, because there are some exciting and fun things to do around this beautiful area with the spectacular beaches, great food, fabulous places to party, and some fun activities for those interested in sightseeing.
Travel and Lodging
One of the best ways to travel is to go by bus because they are comfortable and they are relatively inexpensive. After landing in Bangkok, taking the government VIP buses (with reclining seats and air conditioning in first class) with daily departures to Chiang Mai is an inexpensive option.
There are also trains available from Bangkok to Chiang Mai that has very comfortable lower and upper sleepers. These have first and second-class accommodations and are reasonably priced.
There are numerous accommodations available that include hostels (such as the New Mitrapap Hotel or the Three Sis Bed and Breakfast), guesthouses (such as the Galare Guest House), apartments (Safe House Court), and hotels that range from one star to five star facilities. So depending on the budget and the preferences for types of room, there are plenty of solutions available. Whether it’s the Yaang Com Village, the Parasol Inn, the Imperial Mae Ping, or the five star Le Maridien Chiang Mai, there are plenty of great choices of places to stay.
Where to go
For the really young at heart who really love animals, there are several fun places to go in Chiang Mai, such as:
- Chiangmai Zoo – Another great location for animal lovers traveling around Chiang Mai is the Chiangmai Zoo which more than 5000 animals call home. It’s a wonderful open environment and a great place for the family to spend the afternoon.
Most travelers want to find some great places to show, and Chiang Mai has some awesome places for shopping:
- Night Bazaar – Shoppers will have the best time at the Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, which is located on the Chiang Khlan Road. The shops seem to go on for miles with great shops, low prices, and awesome selections.
Now that the youngsters and shoppers are covered let’s get down to the real party plans and the exciting nightlife of Chiang Mai. There are plenty of places to choose and plenty of styles and cultures, such as:
- UN Irish Pub – There’s no excuse to be bored on any Thursday night in Chiang Mai with plenty of Guinness on tap, great TV screens to watch a variety of sports, and with both the bar and the restaurant – plenty to eat.
- NorthGate Jazz Co-op – Love jazz? Check out this great little jazz club in Chiang Mai on open-mic Tuesday night.
- Warm-Up – Considered the hippest place in Chiang Mai and the favorite of all the beautiful young people. Great dancing with DJs that include hip-hop, rock and roll, Indie, and many others.
- Sudsanan – Features local Chiang Mai soul with lots of eclectic fare, and great place to people watch as well as enjoy the live music.
Regardless what the preferences are for partying, activities, or shopping, Chiang Mai is an awesome destination that has something exciting to suit every desire.